Items from map 1 spawning in map 2 in the same positions

Mapping support for the Source engine.

Items from map 1 spawning in map 2 in the same positions

Post by hypnocyst » 04 Jan 2017, 08:14

So I've been having trouble with items from the safe room at the end of map 1 from spawning in map 2. They are there if you load straight in to map 2 but if you load in to map 2 from finishing map 1, they were absent. It seems it suddenly works (i added a global name to ONE item in the safe room at the end of map 1/start of map 2 which seems to be make the difference, though I'm not sure why as I've never had to do this before).
Anyway, now that the items have spawned in, I've noticed that it's actually spawning in EVERY item from map one in the locations they were in relative to the spawn room. This means I have dozens of items just spawning in the void on map 2 and I have no idea why. It must be related to the item spawning issues I've been having.

This is a gun in a rescue closet in map 1> Image
This is the same gun, in the same relative position in map 2> Image
As you can see it's just out in the void outside of the skybox. This is true of every item in the map.
The house in the background is the safe room at the end of map 1/start of map 2. If the walls were invisible in image 1 then you'd see the same house in the same position as in image 2.

Any idea how to solve this?

Re: Items from map 1 spawning in map 2 in the same positions

Post by Rectus » 04 Jan 2017, 14:43

I don't think the global names affect anything, L4D2 has a separate system for transferring over items. As far as I know, it's supposed to transfer over items in some range around the safe room. Make sure you've fixed any nav issues in the maps.

Re: Items from map 1 spawning in map 2 in the same positions

Post by Zorbos » 12 Jan 2017, 15:36

Are you using an info_landmark in your safe rooms?

Return to Source SDK