Issue with saferoom supplies

Mapping support for the Source engine.
User avatar
Posts: 34

Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by Cyreides » 13 Jan 2017, 02:28

If you play through the first map and don't die, the saferoom supplies are there when you reach it, and they transition properly to the second map. And if you load directly into the second map, the supplies are there as well.

However, for some reason they seem to disappear completely if you happen to die and have to restart either map... and I cannot for the life of me figure out what could be causing this issue...
Up In Flames v0.02

User avatar
Posts: 154

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by greenhood » 13 Jan 2017, 06:31

Try to enable in first and second map "Must exist" option. Its in weapon entitie in Flags tab. If this dont work try adding point_template entite and in template 1, 2 etc. add your weapons(of course give them Name) from saferoom. In Flags tab enable "Don't remove template entities".

User avatar
Posts: 34

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by Cyreides » 13 Jan 2017, 14:31

I've actually tried the "Must Exist" flags being checked and unchecked for both maps and it hasn't made a difference. I'll try the template option and report back, thanks!
Up In Flames v0.02

User avatar
Posts: 34

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by Cyreides » 13 Jan 2017, 14:44

greenhood wrote:If this dont work try adding point_template entite and in template 1, 2 etc. add your weapons(of course give them Name) from saferoom. In Flags tab enable "Don't remove template entities".

It still removed them after death :/
Up In Flames v0.02

User avatar
Posts: 154

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by greenhood » 13 Jan 2017, 16:00

You could make safehouse the same on both maps, including weapons. After death they should be there, however when first transitioning to second map, those weapons will probably be duplicated.

User avatar
Posts: 1

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by daywalkerdave1963 » 14 Jan 2017, 12:47

Saferooms have to be copied and pasted exactly in the same "orientation" that you copied them from in the first map to the next map. That means copying the stuff you want in the safe room then opening your second map and pasting it exactly the way it lays in the maps. You can't turn it to fit the new room it's in at all. Lot of people who put campaigns together from different maps don't realize this and all the items from one map to another go bye bye when you transition. I just had to do that with field of the dead. I had to rebuild two saferoom areas to accommodate the maps I pasted together from different games otherwise you end up with items not transitioning from one map to another or people spawning outside the saferoom. Had to build a hall off one because the pasted orientation didn't match the second map. It's easy to work once you figure it out.

User avatar
Posts: 34

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by Cyreides » 14 Jan 2017, 13:16

greenhood wrote:You could make safehouse the same on both maps, including weapons. After death they should be there, however when first transitioning to second map, those weapons will probably be duplicated.

There has to be a way to not have that happen, valve doesn't have duplicated items in their saferooms like that... also, that seems like it would horribly unbalance things if there was just 8 kits in my first saferoom once you loaded into the second map.

daywalkerdave1963 wrote:Saferooms have to be copied and pasted exactly in the same "orientation" that you copied them from in the first map to the next map. That means copying the stuff you want in the safe room then opening your second map and pasting it exactly the way it lays in the maps. You can't turn it to fit the new room it's in at all. Lot of people who put campaigns together from different maps don't realize this and all the items from one map to another go bye bye when you transition. I just had to do that with field of the dead. I had to rebuild two saferoom areas to accommodate the maps I pasted together from different games otherwise you end up with items not transitioning from one map to another or people spawning outside the saferoom. Had to build a hall off one because the pasted orientation didn't match the second map. It's easy to work once you figure it out.


I'm well aware, and the issue is not that they're not transitioning. The problem is that if for some reason you die before reaching map 1's saferoom (or die on map 2 and have to restart that map) the supplies simply disappear.
Up In Flames v0.02

User avatar
Posts: 7

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by Zorbos » 15 Jan 2017, 22:42

Valve uses info_landmark to transfer the items. What (I believe) happens is:

Map 1: Items on table in the end saferoom
Map 2: Items on table in the beginning saferoom in the SAME relative position(s) and orientation(s) as they were in the ending saferoom

Player completes map 1, map 2 loads, however the info_landmark notices that the items from the end of map 1 are in the same position as the new ones in map 2, and thus the new ones are overwritten with the old, because they're in the same relative positions.

I've never had to use Must Exist with Fatal Freight and the items in the saferooms always carried over just fine

User avatar
Posts: 86

Re: Issue with saferoom supplies

Post by Rectus » 16 Jan 2017, 00:55

As I understand it, it will delete all items from the map 2 saferoom when you transition, so you shouldn't need to have the items in the same place. It detects the saferoom from the checkpoint nav attribute, so make sure you have the entire room marked with it, including on top of things like tables.


Return to Source SDK