WIP Screenshots - Pimp your new maps!

Discussions for all Left 4 Dead 2 maps at GameMaps!

Re: WIP Screenshots - Pimp your new maps!

Post by silko » 14 Apr 2015, 12:39

Saw this thread and thought I might just post a couple of screenies of a campaign I am working on called Mars Base Bravo...
It is a quite dark, quite short, quite difficult campaign that I started back in 2011 and worked on for a few months then took 3 years away from it before recently deciding to go back and get it done (I owe it to those who collaborated to get it done).

It basically follows on from the events of Mars Base Alpha (a private campaign that I created as a welcome home present for a friend who we call Elmo after his 1 year tour of duty in Afghanistan) which was briefly released onto here (so that some of my clan members could get it, we did not have a clan site to put it on at the time and I took it down after they got the campaign) to rapturous hatred :lol: - it was basically tailored to make Elmo to WHAT THE F**K as often as possible lol

But I digress...This campaign has multiple routes, many secret areas, a rocket build escape vehicle and includes tons of custom stuff including monsters (created by Splinks and Staypuft), HALO style lightbridges, energy regeneration units, superweapons etc. Almost everything used in the game will be customized in some way and it even kind of brings you into the game in real life through the use of your smartphone (I won't go into detail but we like it)

There may be too much custom stuff in it for some (survivors, all weapons, all enemies etc) and it will likely conflict with some other mods people have and it requires sourcemod and metamod to work properly which is why I am 50/50 whether to actually release it but after testing it we will see...

All stuff in the campaign that has been created by others will be mentioned in the closing credits of the campaign (and some will be mentioned in the opening credits) as well as in any videos and other media.

Here is an old video of the opening credits to the campaign (pre-alpha testing so lots has been changed since this video was made - including most textures and the credits themselves)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w77y46uHYjw
Best watched in HD and fullscreen

...anyway, this is just a small selection of screenshots of different parts of the campaign. If there is enough interest then it will probably be released onto here at some point :geek:

Post by mountain90 » 14 Sep 2016, 02:26

I need new map!

Post by Cyreides » 22 Nov 2016, 20:40

From the new map I'm working on:

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/17584
Up In Flames v0.02

Post by greenhood » 26 Nov 2016, 16:10

Though I would add some screens from Stargate SG 4 upgrade. Screenshots show work in progress versions so I may do some changes and additions. Theres more content up to fourth map but its very blend and missing textures. Larger screenshots are in here: http://www.gamemaps.com/details/6963

Previous

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Custom Maps