Left in Equestria

Discussions for all Left 4 Dead 2 maps at GameMaps!

Re: Left in Equestria

Post by Professional » 21 Sep 2012, 19:13

CrazyTwilight wrote:"flim and flam's machine" is a 1960ish style machine on wheels (which I swear looks like it was inspired from willy wonka) that made apple cider... and because that was one of my favorite episodes... I feel obligated to have their abandoned machine on the outskirts of the apple farm...

The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, eh? Really cool you're thinking of adding that in!

Also, here's a picture of what the SSCS6000 looks like for you non-bronies who still don't want to look it up:

"So... what do you think are our odds to getting out of here alive?"

"Oh. One million, seven hundred and thirty-two thousand, four hundred and thirteen to one."

Post by OtherSyde » 21 Sep 2012, 22:36

Wow cool! I really hope you don't get discouraged or abandon this map, it's an epic project. I can't wait to DL it and play! I have several MLP mods that I turn on/off occasionally, but an entire, faithfully-recreated map? It's the final piece of the puzzle for L4D to join the herd.

If it becomes too daunting or vast a project, maybe you could out-source some of the modelling/texturing to some other talented MLPguy on the forus, like that guy who made the awesome pony survivor models (that wasn't you was it?).

Keep up the awesome work!

Post by insane3004 » 22 Sep 2012, 00:43

OtherSyde wrote:Wow cool! I really hope you don't get discouraged or abandon this map, it's an epic project. I can't wait to DL it and play! I have several MLP mods that I turn on/off occasionally, but an entire, faithfully-recreated map? It's the final piece of the puzzle for L4D to join the herd.

If it becomes too daunting or vast a project, maybe you could out-source some of the modelling/texturing to some other talented MLPguy on the forus, like that guy who made the awesome pony survivor models (that wasn't you was it?).

Keep up the awesome work!

I have full intentions to try and get a full team to make the the best it can be... but I won't go asking for help till I have proven a couple things... eventually I will need many assets for the project... music, models, materials, maybe even voice actors if it goes down that route...
but first I must have a template for the quality of future assets... I am not going to gather a team only to break dreams with a failed project...
"..."

The Neverglades
End of the Line
Haunting Grounds - Sawrunner

Post by Darkhunter » 22 Sep 2012, 01:17

I'm SO going to spam the Equestriadaily inbox when this gets out.

Who's with me? I want to see this map being featured :)

Post by LordTonychicken » 22 Sep 2012, 01:49

Please, if you make Flim and Flam's Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 would you be able to make mod for it that replaces all the plain white vans in the Left 4 Dead maps? I don't know if it's possible but it's something i've had in my head for a while now.

Post by insane3004 » 27 Sep 2012, 20:44

Time for some NON-round buildings with absolutely infuriating roof geometry... [email protected]#$ YAY!... :(

Base template for the first couple of buildings...

and the aftermath after some "creative liberties"...

The buildings look HUGE... but really... they aren't that big... just look at the interior before the actually interior design begins...
Not really that big compared to the vertical length of the houses... and I can promise right now... not all building will be accessible... if not for my own sake... just so I can ensure I don't hit the limit for faces, brushes, vertexes, etc...

I will have to admit... I had a much easier time making these than the town halll... but then again if this map holds an accurate view of Ponyville...

My Celestia have mercy on my soul...
"..."

The Neverglades
End of the Line

Post by Cyreides » 22 Nov 2016, 20:46

Your recreations of the buildings look fantastic!
Up In Flames v0.02

Post by insane3004 » 22 Nov 2016, 23:20

Thanks...

Project is long dead by now... by appreciate the kind words all the same... :3
"..."

The Neverglades
End of the Line

PreviousNext

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Custom Maps