Precinct 84 problem; bots and laser sights

Discussions for all Left 4 Dead 2 maps at GameMaps!

Precinct 84 problem; bots and laser sights

Post by dmack865 » 08 Sep 2012, 07:15

(I also posted this question on the Precinct 84 campaign information page, but thought the forums might be a more effective place).

I really love this campaign and have played it many times (in co-op only). However, the one fault I see is that the bots never take the laser sights up on the shelf in the gun shop. I've tried everything I can think of, e.g., positioning myself as close to the laser sights as possible, and trying to drop a laser-sighted weapon near the bots to see if they pick them up, but those weapons seem to disappear the instant I drop them to switch to another, non-laser weapon.

If the bots cannot grab the laser sights no matter what, why were they placed up on the shelf? Am I missing something obvious, and are there any suggestions about overcoming this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Post by JohnDorian » 08 Sep 2012, 08:46

hi dmack and welcome to the forum -
I'm afraid that bot behaviour is a hit-and-miss affair sometimes, you're not doing anything wrong and there's little (if anything) you can really do about it. The bots behave in mysterious ways sometimes.
Bot issues are not limited to Precinct 84, which is a brilliant campaign I agree, but exists across the board. I believe it can be changed (?), but not by anything you can do as a player.
Hope that helps to clarify the issue.

Post by dmack865 » 08 Sep 2012, 12:51

Hi, johndorian and thanks for the reply. Yeah, I figured there was really nothing that the player can do here. It's a shame. I don't know which is worse...bots not being able to pick up laser sights, or bots picking up laser sights without announcing that they're available. ;)

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Custom Maps