HELP! Map crashes while playing it.

Discussions for all Left 4 Dead 2 maps at GameMaps!

HELP! Map crashes while playing it.

Post by SpeedBoost » 17 Sep 2012, 17:45

Hi, I am creating a campaign called frozen and on the first level, I have a issue were the map crashes half way through, once you get on to a top of this building it crashes, I have tried noclipping past the building and it still crashes. I really need help because I tired of it crashing to the desktop, any help would be nice.

Post by Roflmahwafflz » 17 Sep 2012, 18:08

does the building any have any complex geometry? or a ridiculous number of faces? Also seeing your compile log might help as certain assets might be very full or anything like that (OFC no leaks because if there was one it wouldnt launch xD) But there are a load of fine details or exclusions that can cause this. And even a screenshot of the building in hammer might help or a list of entities used, I.E prop_dynamic, func_breakable, and if so how many of a certain one did you use (dont tell how many props used, more of the specifics like func_breakable or func_tracktrain, merely those two are examples, but brush entities are hte key points to include) on top of that do you have any triggers in the building that might cause this and do check that youre map doesnt recieve major lag psikes around the time of the crash (do this by monitoring it in the performance tab, if there was a lag spike or an extreme memory usage around the time of the crash then you have too much going on at once, grass sprites can really eat this up badly, as well as custom HD textures. ex. HD ice texture.) But a few map details would help pinpoint this, not asking for your entire map on paper, just anything that goes on around that time and what entities are involved.
You... I know you.

Re: HELP! Map crashes while playing it.

Post by SpeedBoost » 17 Sep 2012, 19:38

If you want me to send the map to you let me know.

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Custom Maps