Dead Before Dawn too (2) on Dedicated server connection prob

Run your own game server? Chat with other server admins here.

Dead Before Dawn too (2) on Dedicated server connection prob

Post by Bobert » 04 Jan 2011, 09:22

==========================
I got it to work, i had Sv_consistency set to 2 ,but ive placed it to 1 and now it work.
==========================

Hello people!
I own a 8 slot L4d2 server and i installed a couple of custom campaign

Dark blood 2
Detour ahead 2
Dead Rise
Dead before dawn too

The problem is with Dead before dawn too , i uploaded it on my dedicated server in the addons folder, but i cannot seem to connect to the server to play this map, it work fine with all other custom maps tho

But when i try to play Dead before Dawn too and launch it from the lobby to my server,it goes to loading screen and it stop 1/10 in the loading bar and then it says connection failed,tried 10 times or something like that

is there any solution? I tried to host it locally and it work fine.

Post by abvex » 26 Jun 2012, 22:59

Unfortunately I don't have any solutions but I do like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind.

What is your server ip? I love to connect and try to play.

Is your server stable with custom maps? does it kick people after the server loads a new campaign?

And what happens to players who tries to join when they don't have the custom map? Does the server kinda pre-kick them? I heard sometimes the server crashes and kick everyone playing if a new player tries to join who don't have the custom maps installed, or a different version of the map.

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Server Admins