Non Modded Servers

Run your own game server? Chat with other server admins here.

Post by rajjahrw » 21 May 2012, 11:52

honestly, The only way I ever play VS is on the 20 player modded servers.
Normal VS is just too boring for me. And I like the servers that buff the infected cause I believe they are at a huge disadvantage in normal VS servers. Servers that allow jockeys to jump while latched onto a survivor and faster charging speed for charger are great.

However certain servers cross the line for me, modded servers that focus too much on "points" can be annoying. Ones where you can buy your way out of being killed and break free of a hunter's pounce, etc.

Post by wendigo4700 » 22 May 2012, 18:22

The server I was on today (campaign), just topped it all.....in the bad way.

Each round, everyone started with tier 2 weapons / laser sights / pills or shots. And every common infected dropped throwable weapons, when they died. When getting incapped, you could crawl as fast as if you were running. When tank died, he "gave birth" to a few witches, that started out in hostile mode. Insanely fast reload for every weapon. Each special infected dropped a medic kit when they got killed.

I almost cryed in pain. Why the f***** make an server like that? its just.....POINTLESS imo.

Post by RainingMetal2 » 22 May 2012, 18:40

Just go on Official Dedicated Servers. I don't know why they call them "Best Available Servers" if they support mods like these.

Post by wendigo4700 » 22 May 2012, 18:50

I just joined a game in progress to play with some randoms, before shutting down my pc. Admin then came on later in the game. And then it turned into an 8 player co-op campaign. I asked the admin to ban me, so I never had to see that amateur server again (yea I Know I can just blacklist it, but now I was there with ad admin anyways)

But yeah. Normally I do the official server thing, if I for some rare cases join a game in progress to play with randoms.

That server, is leading the war to why people dont wanna chose "best avaliable server" in lobby.

Re:

Post by Skythe Dincht » 22 May 2012, 23:26

RainingMetal wrote:Just go on Official Dedicated Servers. I don't know why they call them "Best Available Servers" if they support mods like these.

I can never get into any Official Dedicated Server unless someone is hosting a campaign. From where I'm at, it's virtually impossible to host an official dedicated one.
Last edited by rdevos on 29 Jul 2012, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Marcusyaho » 29 Jul 2012, 01:07

Should be a way to disable modded servers from your list. Like adding new options in the search bar. Search for: "Lobbys only", "games only", "both". Should also be possible to select if you want it to search for modded servers or not as well. And search for full servers or not... I often try to join a campaign with 5 servers running and 2 of them are full. Then, da fuq are they in my list for if I can't play on them? O_O

Re:

Post by Marcusyaho » 02 Aug 2012, 01:54

Dilin wrote:however I thought there was a way to browse for servers by Official only?

It is, but offical servers dont support mods (skins, weapons etc) and I personally think the game is twice as fun with mods activated.

Previous

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Server Admins