HOW CAN I MAKE MY OWN LOBBY?

Run your own game server? Chat with other server admins here.

HOW CAN I MAKE MY OWN LOBBY?

Post by slamatl92 » 16 Jun 2012, 18:45

how do i make own free moddedd lobby with plugins please help
Hardly even active anymore....dont come here as offten

Post by Gunzers6 » 16 Jun 2012, 18:57

You host a local server. I'm not sure how to get plugins to work, yet launch commands can be used in local servers (etc +sv_gravity 200 or something like that).

Post by Roflmahwafflz » 16 Jun 2012, 19:15

you have to have sourcemod if you want mods like super tank or boomer bitchslap for example, to work. look up how to install it on youtube.
You... I know you.

Re: HOW CAN I MAKE MY OWN LOBBY?

Post by Dormin » 16 Jun 2012, 19:22

Wow :shock: sourcemod seems one of the most important things in L4D

Post by Roflmahwafflz » 16 Jun 2012, 19:28

well it is the only extension with a massive unique modding community. it can do anything from make a nuclear explosion when a super tank that can fly and shoot lasers dies to somehting as simple as play a sound when someone is charged from a high height, which something as simple as that cannot be done without the extension or an alternative extension (which i have heard of none) nearly every steam group server uses sourcemod for something as simple as giving people "admin"
so in short, it is the most important thing to any modded server.
You... I know you.

Re:

Post by slamatl92 » 16 Jun 2012, 19:57

Roflmahwafflz wrote:well it is the only extension with a massive unique modding community. it can do anything from make a nuclear explosion when a super tank that can fly and shoot lasers dies to somehting as simple as play a sound when someone is charged from a high height, which something as simple as that cannot be done without the extension or an alternative extension (which i have heard of none) nearly every steam group server uses sourcemod for something as simple as giving people "admin"
so in short, it is the most important thing to any modded server.

i just want a lobby thats my own and people can join it and play mods on it

Re:

Post by slamatl92 » 16 Jun 2012, 23:59

LUKeM wrote:Start your l4d2 with -insecure flag enabled and SourceMod installed. SourceMod is built on the MetaMod framework so you'll need that installed as well. Then you can create your own lobby and invite people.

then what next

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Server Admins