VPK Maps Format Stinks!!!

Run your own game server? Chat with other server admins here.

Re: VPK Maps Format Stinks!!!

Post by Killa_Sprite » 18 Aug 2009, 12:01

Thanks for that info I was trying to find something that would allow me to unpack the file then put them on the server in the regular maps folder as BSP then edit & add these to the missioncycle, mapcycle and maplist txt files, it works great now, they would not work in the addon folder. Thanks again.
THANK GOODNESS FOR GCF Scape!!!

Post by mase123y » 20 Aug 2009, 12:11

Mase123y wrote:VPK.exe does 2 things...

It compresses your map folder into a VPK and...

It extracts any VPK into its separate files and folders... ie .bsp, nav, materials folder, maps folder, missions file... everything

so use that if you cant get the VPK to work...

retard

Post by Sarah » 20 Jan 2010, 20:05

Did you update your addonlist.txt? That cleared my issues right up.

Post by Adolf_Satan » 03 Feb 2010, 13:46

GCFscape definitely best way to go. Be sure to tick the incorporate .VPK when you install it. Then just highlight all the folders and files on the right side of the software (it's the contents of the .vpk file). Then right click, choose extract, then extract it to your l4d/l4d folder. Done!
Hop in your console and put "map mapname" minus the quotes.

If you didn't already resolve this problem, hopefully this helped, or will help others in the future.
Hamachi Server: undead SHIT Password: l4d
Running barricade mod and 8player mod For BadAss Helms Deep Survival, Etc..

Post by dakrat » 07 Mar 2010, 11:49

I am having same problem. I added the vpk file to the leftfordead2/addons when I restart server it stays offline. If I remove file the server will come back online in a few minutes.

So do I need to add the file names to the addonlist.txt?

Post by Ace1564 » 07 Mar 2010, 12:30

i use HLSW from http://www.hlsw.org input your server information and use this to change your server to any custom map you like. i use this as well as console command to change to any map i like.

And as told to you before, all custom maps go into addons folder of your pc like so: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons

On your server it be like: left4dead2\addons

once you put these maps onto your server just restart the server, then check your maplist using hlsw, and thats it youre done. :)

Hope this helps you.

Post by Aro2220 » 18 Apr 2011, 22:02

VPK works on my server once I add it to the addons file.

Previous

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Server Admins