Two requests....Flat Black Desert Eagle + DTK's Deagles

Have a map or mod idea? Request it here and it may be created!

Post by frankwest » 19 Jul 2012, 06:30

If you can find a model someone may make it for you.

Post by JohnDorian » 19 Jul 2012, 07:02

I think the OP posted a link to the suggested model, Ren ;) second link down (albeit a model with brown handles, but that wouldn't make any difference I would think, since the player's hands would be over the brown elements of the weapon).

Post by K.Tastrophe » 19 Jul 2012, 10:27

The thing about those Death pistols, you wouldn't even see the designs on them if you held them in first-person. They'd look just like these pistols (http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=11241), only with a few decals you'd hardly noticed unless you stared at them on a table. If you're fighting zombies there really is no time to appreciate small edits like these unless you went to TUMTaRa.

"Leave luck to Heaven" ~Nintendo

Post by Sableagle » 19 Jul 2012, 13:22

Well, I made this mod within half an hour of finding this thread. Then I spent a while trying to work out why L4D2 wasn't working. Then I rebooted the computer and it *did* work, and I found out my "very dark grey" came out more "white van about to have 'wash me' written on the side." I chose a much darker grey, and it came out dead black, as shown in the screenshots. I just had another go with a slightly lighter grey and ... um ... L4D2 is back to not working. I did try moving mods in and out of the addons folder, so I don't think it's the addon. I think I just have a really unstable install.

Anyway, it's uploaded ... after three browser restarts. WTF is going on?

Heh. Whatever, here: ?file=19144

Edit, just to make sure people know: I uploaded to get a confirmation that it worked, and apparently it did work, but rather than "yeah that .vpk works" I got loads of grief for posting a crappy WIP as a beta, so I deleted that upload and I haven't been back to redo it.
Last edited by ridinglikesatan on 15 Sep 2012, 17:49, edited 2 times in total.

Post by l4d2160 » 15 Sep 2012, 16:42

I can reskin the desert eagle with ease. I could do either one of these within about 30 minutes to an hour, depending if you want a little flair here and there.
Nickolas Woods, Skin Designer, 1986

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Requests