fix 3rd person laser sights

Have a map or mod idea? Request it here and it may be created!

fix 3rd person laser sights

Post by PotatoGlados1 » 03 Aug 2012, 16:55

Would it be possible to fix the laser sights in third person? When you equip a lasersight it doesnt appear in third person
THEY'RE DOGONGZ

Post by JohnDorian » 03 Aug 2012, 16:59

Moved to a more appropriate section.

Post by PotatoGlados1 » 04 Aug 2012, 20:07

oh sorry :)
THEY'RE DOGONGZ

Post by ferretsshadow » 07 Aug 2012, 14:07

I'm also interested if there's a fix for this :D

Post by Gunzers6 » 07 Aug 2012, 14:19

There isn't a fix, because there is no file in the game files for a third person laser. Unless somebody tinkered with the vmt or vtf of the laser and made it accessible in third person, it's probably not going to happen.

Post by PotatoGlados1 » 07 Aug 2012, 14:59

Aw ok D:
THEY'RE DOGONGZ

Re:

Post by ferretsshadow » 07 Aug 2012, 19:00

Gunzers6 wrote:There isn't a fix, because there is no file in the game files for a third person laser. Unless somebody tinkered with the vmt or vtf of the laser and made it accessible in third person, it's probably not going to happen.

well I know how to tinker with vtf/vmt's.... but could you point me in the right direction on how to get it to work

Post by ardanui » 07 Aug 2012, 19:21

is there any way? a hack or a plugin?

Re: Re:

Post by Gunzers6 » 07 Aug 2012, 19:28

ferretsshadow wrote:
Gunzers6 wrote:There isn't a fix, because there is no file in the game files for a third person laser. Unless somebody tinkered with the vmt or vtf of the laser and made it accessible in third person, it's probably not going to happen.

well I know how to tinker with vtf/vmt's.... but could you point me in the right direction on how to get it to work

Try checking the vmt. There will likely be something about them appearing in third person. If that doesn't work, try opening the vtf, and there might be a black open space, and try copying the laser into that open space, and it might work.

Post by ferretsshadow » 07 Aug 2012, 21:33

there's nothing about third or first person related codes in the vmt for any of the lasers. and yeah there's some black space but I don't see effect it would have on it not showing up in third person if I just filled in the blanks :/

Next

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Requests