Looking for Basic Mod

Have a map or mod idea? Request it here and it may be created!

Looking for Basic Mod

Post by BillTheCat » 15 Jan 2016, 10:53

Hello,

I'm playing L4D2 on a PC using a keyboard and a mouse. I was looking for some kind of mod that will enable me to spawn an M-16, laser sights, explosive ammo, and various grenades. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Re: Looking for Basic Mod

Post by thekiller901 » 15 Jan 2016, 11:28

Not trying to start an argument (and because I don't think such a mod exists), but what's wrong with using the console commands?
Let's Build Our Hideaway

Post by greenhood » 15 Jan 2016, 11:46

There was mod like this. Something similar to radial menu mods. Anyway its rather faster to use commands like thekiller901 suggested.

Post by thekiller901 » 17 Apr 2016, 04:05

Sorry for bringing such an old post back from the dead, but I realize my simply asking "what's wrong with console commands" wasn't exactly helpful.

First of all start up your game and go to 'Options', select 'Keyboard/Mouse', and make sure 'Allow Developer Console' is enabled. The developer console can be brought up by pressing the '~' key.

The first commands you're going to want are 'map <insert true name of map you wish to play on here>' and, once the map is loaded, 'sv_cheats 1'. I don't know why, but for some reason sv_cheats doesn't like to work unless the map is called up through the console.

'give rifle' will give you an M-16 rifle.
'upgrade_add LASER_SIGHT' will give you Laser Sights for whatever non-pistol/melee weapon you may have.
'give upgradepack_explosive' will give you Fragmentation Rounds.
'give molotov', 'give pipe_bomb', and 'give vomitjar' would give you the Molotov Cocktail, the Pipe Bomb, and the Boomer Bile Sample respectively.

Again, I know this is an old post, but I hope it helps.
Let's Build Our Hideaway

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Requests