Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Have an idea for the site? Dont like something? Post your thoughts here!
User avatar
Posts: 96

Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Trunten » 26 Jun 2016, 23:06

Perhaps we can all share one single topic about mods of ours redistributed without our permissions.
I've gone through plenty of it on the workshop*... but at least there you can successfully file DMCA take down notices.
But unfortunately, I realize Game Maps is "different" and doesn't work that way...
You need to be able to directly contact admins if you're lucky enough to know them outside of the community.
Or take a chance posting in the forums here in topics like this one I've created.

Here at Game Maps it seems acceptable to get away with it by simply crediting.
Well... that still doesn't mean original authors are okay with it if they take notice.
That being said, after noticing more theft of my mods on workshop*, I got a thought to do quick searching here.
Disappointing is saying the least after noticing at least 6 old mature mods of mine redistributed without permission.
No, I don't remember ever being contacted asking for permission first.

Please don't ask me for details and history of my mods, because the mods of mine in question are rather old.
Teams and friends come and go, move on to pursue other interests, or just simply move on in life.
Delete all of these mods, don't move them to my account... original versions already uploaded by me anyway.
As for the first Left 4 Dead... we originally created most of them for the second, it's not officially supported.


Sorry for any inconvenience, but since nobody contacted me originally I don't authorize or support the edits.
Maybe I'll change this in the future, but only if I'm contacted about it first... so for now I only want mine uploaded.

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14609
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14601
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14613
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14615
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14619
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/15488

User avatar
Posts: 8

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by emanbees » 30 Jun 2016, 18:35

Trunten wrote:Perhaps we can all share one single topic about mods of ours redistributed without our permissions.
I've gone through plenty of it on the workshop**... but at least there you can successfully file DMCA take down notices.
But unfortunately, I realize Game Maps is "different" and doesn't work that way...
You need to be able to directly contact admins if you're lucky enough to know them outside of the community.
Or take a chance posting in the forums here in topics like this one I've created.

Here at Game Maps it seems acceptable to get away with it by simply crediting.
Well... that still doesn't mean original authors are okay with it if they take notice.
That being said, after noticing more theft of my mods on workshop**, I got a thought to do quick searching here.
Disappointing is saying the least after noticing at least 6 old mature mods of mine redistributed without permission.
No, I don't remember ever being contacted asking for permission first.

Please don't ask me for details and history of my mods, because the mods of mine in question are rather old.
Teams and friends come and go, move on to pursue other interests, or just simply move on in life.
Delete all of these mods, don't move them to my account... original versions already uploaded by me anyway.
As for the first Left 4 Dead... we originally created most of them for the second, it's not officially supported.


Sorry for any inconvenience, but since nobody contacted me originally I don't authorize or support the edits.
Maybe I'll change this in the future, but only if I'm contacted about it first... so for now I only want mine uploaded.

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14609
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14601
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14613
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14615
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/14619
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/15488



Sorry friend, but not climbed their models, check the user account has the uploader their models gamemaps

User avatar
Posts: 96

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Trunten » 19 Sep 2016, 20:16

Who do we contact about this?
http://www.gamemaps.com/profile/1021528
I can guarantee Lt. Rocky and Doktor Haus aren't going to like their mods stolen.
And a few of the rest belong to a user named "omgot".
This person is trying to be clever and deleting my comments, so that proves they stole them.
Until the situation is resolved, I have risked abuse of the review system to get a point across.
Yes, I contacted some of the original authors as well as Rayman1103 himself.

emanbees wrote:Sorry friend, but not climbed their models, check the user account has the uploader their models gamemaps

Please work on your English. And you didn't need to quote my long message.

User avatar
Posts: 16

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by RainingMetal » 20 Sep 2016, 06:27

Didn't you say uploading works was fine as long as they credited the original author? And didn't you say authors don't generally care if their works were uploaded to begin with? The hypocrisy in your statements is quite laughable.

User avatar
Posts: 96

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Trunten » 20 Sep 2016, 12:09

RainingMetal wrote:Didn't you say uploading works was fine as long as they credited the original author? And didn't you say authors don't generally care if their works were uploaded to begin with? The hypocrisy in your statements is quite laughable.

You're one as well. Especially with being okay with L4D2 content going backwards into the first L4D.
And you play your own ports such as Death Aboard, so you don't care about ports in the end.
And you failed to read... Huck normally credits which is fine with Game Maps policy, confirmed by Rayman the admin.
iLL even commented on the whole Huck thing long ago claiming NONE of you (or enough) authors complained.
So he's not going anywhere. Anyway, you just came in to attack me again. Keep it up and you'll be a next ban.
If we can't agree to disagree and draw a line some where between you and I then I will start reporting you.
You are clearly trolling and harassing me coming into my own topics, being off topic, to just attack me.
You never understood I don't associate with with what Huck does, each and every time I try to explain it.
You always think I defend him and side with him when I've told you several times I just don't give a shit any more.
Oh, and I don't ever see you playing the game any more anyway, so again, you're wasting both our times.
Why do you even still come to this community any more? Clearly you're not happy with how it's being run.
I know this for FACT since you attack ME because you don't like SOMEONE ELSE.
What is your problem with me anyway? Oh, only because I'm friends with one of your enemies... childish.
I also don't appreciate you trying to cause trouble with what mutual friends we have, such as Lady Alvira.
It came to my attention you've been going around making wrongful accusations upon me and slandering me.
So you need to calm yourself and back off, if you're not going to listen to me or work for solutions to our problems.
Once again, as usual, you come into my content and Huck's to troll and harass, recently evidenced on Umbrella 2.0
Think it's time for you to find a new community, you're the one causing the trouble, not me or even Huck himself.

User avatar
Posts: 104

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Doktor Haus » 22 Sep 2016, 11:51

Lt Rocky wants this one removed too please: http://www.gamemaps.com/details/17385

User avatar
Posts: 96

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Trunten » 28 Sep 2016, 20:37

I request this to also be removed (as in DELETED, NOT TRANSFERRED):
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/17405

Reason: Unauthorized redistribution, and I already have the mod, properly updated and fixed and working, uploaded here.
I don't appreciate the redistribution just because someone wanted a hair color edit they could've asked me for.
Please don't just set it to be abandoned and therefore waiting for the auto prune.
Mod already exists, this upload is most likely an older broken version, just delete it.
Crediting is completely wrong anyway if it's the mature Zoey I suspect it is.
Thank you.

User avatar
Posts: 96

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Trunten » 11 Oct 2016, 19:01

Requesting this to be deleted:
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/7544

Reason: new development team, and we'll be releasing our own updates from now own.

User avatar
Posts: 96

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Trunten » 17 Sep 2017, 18:23

Upon investigation, this contains unauthorized modification, usage and redistribution of other mods from my account.
Therefore I am requesting removal of this mod because no permission or credit was obtained or given for this upload.
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/19298

User avatar
Posts: 4

Re: Unauthorized modification redistribution discussion

Post by Variedalia » 28 Sep 2017, 06:50

Thanks Trunten about this topic!!

I will use this thread to write the same with me.
Requesting this to be deleted:
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/17971

Reason: Unauthorized redistribution. I already have my campaign, properly updated, fixed and improved, and uploaded to my profile. But this unauthorized redistribution was move to "abandoned". The original version of BETA 1.0 exist on my profile, and the IMPROVED and FIXED BETA 2.0 has been published this week.

Please, delete it.
Thank you.

Next

Return to Feedback & Suggestions