Huck and his trash has to go.

Need help with something on GameMaps? Ask it here.

Huck and his trash has to go.

Post by The REAL Ellis » 06 Mar 2017, 02:08

I have been around for a very long time, since L4D2 first came out. 7-8 years later I still play L4D2 several times a week. It's just an excellent stress relief, few things beat bashing zombies across awesome-looking campaigns.

For me, the workshop* absolutely sucks which is why I come here several times a week to see if there's anything new to try. The anime trash flooding the site doesn't bother me because I can just skip to the maps section where I don't have to see it.
But what I DO see is the retarded excuses for submissions that Huck makes on a weekly basis. Nothing but stolen broken campaigns that barely work, with far more issues & bugs than the original versions could ever dream of having.

A few years ago when this started, it was only around 1 of 6 new campaigns posted that would be this way. And it was amusing to see "some people" twist themselves like a pretzel over it. But in 2016-17 where there are no more good active mappers around anymore, all you get is broken trash and more broken trash.

At this stage let me ask the site owner this: do you even care? What is the point of the so-called upcoming rebirth if all people see here is broken absolute trash? Who can trust Gamemaps anymore to provide awesome legit content for download? I truly pity the people who put the time to download and playtest Huck's abominations, only to come back an hour later and post the same thing over and over again?

"Broken" "broken" "broken".

I used to be able to visit the site & download tons of stuff almost every day because I knew this is where the real goods was. But now, I can't even remember the last time I downloaded anything from here. Nevermind the fact that Huck puts misleading titles to the trash he uploads to divert people away from EXISTING listings on the site that are working just fine.

What has the site come to? And what is the point of continuing with the whole "ZOMG NEW GAMEMAPS COMING" charade when you allow this abortion to take place? Unless you've completely given up and you're just letting Gamemaps collect cobwebs & slowly die.

Huck is no mapper and couldn't even change a lightbulb, let alone fix bugs - not that he'd try even if he did. It's beyond obvious every upload of his is a troll attempt.

It's very simple: delete every upload on Huck's account if you actually care about your own site. If he keeps uploading his trash, ban him. If he signs up with another account, ban him again and keep banning him until the idea gets through his skull: he's not welcome here.

Re: Huck and his trash has to go.

Post by greenhood » 06 Mar 2017, 13:54

Huck wont get banned becose he dont break site rules. This is fault of how crediting of original authors works and its probably why he dont upload on workshop*(at least thats what I know) or gamebanana*, where users can actualy report uploaded content.

And Steam workshop* is actually the reason why gamemaps is less active. It have reporting feature, it cooperates with the game and its faster to download addons which for most people is a plus. Gamemaps lacks this features which is probably why people use it less and less.

I can understand iLL delays for the relunch of gamemaps becose if he dont come up with some great improvements for example solid reporting, login with steam and/or better crediting then the site will be dead.

Post by The REAL Ellis » 06 Mar 2017, 22:36

greenhood wrote:Huck wont get banned becose he dont break site rules. This is fault of how crediting of original authors works and its probably why he dont upload on workshop**(at least thats what I know) or gamebanana**, where users can actualy report uploaded content.

And Steam workshop** is actually the reason why gamemaps is less active. It have reporting feature, it cooperates with the game and its faster to download addons which for most people is a plus. Gamemaps lacks this features which is probably why people use it less and less.

I can understand iLL delays for the relunch of gamemaps becose if he dont come up with some great improvements for example solid reporting, login with steam and/or better crediting then the site will be dead.

Then iLL might as well change the background to a cemetery because that's the only place the site is headed.

Post by RainingMetal » 12 Mar 2017, 07:46

One instance where I actually agree with The Real Ellis. I'm glad someone spoke up after all these years. Of course, one should expect Trunten to come up with some insane troll excuse to white knight Huck. iLL's too delusional to see the problems with the current site. The ONLY reason gamemaps still has a right to exist in its current state is that the workshop* isn't available for L4D1.

Post by The REAL Ellis » 12 Mar 2017, 12:31

RainingMetal wrote:One instance where I actually agree with The Real Ellis. I'm glad someone spoke up after all these years. Of course, one should expect Trunten to come up with some insane troll excuse to white knight Huck. iLL's too delusional to see the problems with the current site. The ONLY reason gamemaps still has a right to exist in its current state is that the workshop** isn't available for L4D1.

Yeah well, watching you go apeshit every single time Huck posted something was quite hilarious back in the day. But back then we had a ton of active talented mappers, so Huck's trash was getting bumped off the front page more often than not.

But now that my sort-of unofficial boyfriend has really gotten into L4D2 and wants to find as many awesome campaigns as possible and instead keeps finding Huck's abortions, it's a sign of doom for the site. It's a good thing I've been hoarding addons for years.

Post by RainingMetal » 12 Mar 2017, 12:52

You brought this on yourselves; you ignored my warnings and here we are. I knew from the start that Huck would spread like a virus if he wasn't stopped immediately, and nobody listened. That's why the Steam workshop* worked; the administration actually gave a damn about quality control.

Post by The REAL Ellis » 12 Mar 2017, 13:24

RainingMetal wrote:You brought this on yourselves; you ignored my warnings and here we are. I knew from the start that Huck would spread like a virus if he wasn't stopped immediately, and nobody listened. That's why the Steam workshop** worked; the administration actually gave a damn about quality control.

Oh please, as if iLL ever listened to anyone. Noone had any real pull. You found that out the hard way after campaigning for like 2+ years to get Huck permanently removed. He's the reason you don't have any hair anymore and look like Hulk Hogan.

iLL always did what iLL always wanted to do.

Post by RainingMetal » 12 Mar 2017, 13:45

That's because I knew from the start that Huck was a threat. But you were arrogant enough to ignore my warnings. I stand by my decision to this day, and only now do you realize the consequences. But since you're still a sociopathic troll I doubt you'll ever recognize your mistake. People like you and iLL are absolutely hopeless.

Post by The REAL Ellis » 12 Mar 2017, 21:39

RainingMetal wrote:That's because I knew from the start that Huck was a threat. But you were arrogant enough to ignore my warnings. I stand by my decision to this day, and only now do you realize the consequences. But since you're still a sociopathic troll I doubt you'll ever recognize your mistake. People like you and iLL are absolutely hopeless.

BAHAHAHA oh

You were too drunk with virtual power as a mod, combined with your need to fill your empty life. You didn't exist outside of L4Dmaps. That's how I and everyone else remembers it, which is why it was so funny to watch and still so funny to recall. There were too many variables to be able to accurately extrapolate the sorry state of L4dmaps in 2017.

Which is why you got the boot sooner or later. You were headed for the straitjacket. Then again becoming a mod in the first place was even more questionable. Point keeps being proven: iLL does what iLL wants without any logic tainting his actions. He's chronically delirious from all that ails him.

Post by Trunten » 13 Mar 2017, 15:49

RainingMetal wrote:One instance where I actually agree with The Real Ellis. I'm glad someone spoke up after all these years. Of course, one should expect Trunten to come up with some insane troll excuse to white knight Huck. iLL's too delusional to see the problems with the current site. The ONLY reason gamemaps still has a right to exist in its current state is that the workshop** isn't available for L4D1.

LOL, you still masquerade as some comic book superhero and white knight.
You're the one who's stupid because you choose to ignore other site policies and rules set forth by the admins of the site.
YOU LOST. As if there was even anything to fight for in the first place.
So damn paranoid about your game 'dying".
You still don't get it.
They accept Huck as long as he credits.
You refuse to accept the changes...
You continue hanging around to complain about a site you clearly are no longer happy with.
Thanks for giving me more evidence to use against you by harassing me.
You're lucky you're not the banned one.
As stated before, Huck's not broken any rules, neither have I.
Ironically it's YOU, RM, who is the true hypocrite with your own irony.
It's apparently so difficult for you and your own buddies to simply ignore shit that bothers you.
All the disrespect towards Huck, me, the staff, it doesn't matter who...
Everything you've been going around posting as harassment and abuse towards the site and others...
You're better off just leaving peacefully and finding a new community.
This feud of ours has gone on for several years and you can't accept Huck isn't going any where.
Go cry more in the Steam discussions, they absolutely love that shit.
Or continue harassing me, there's at least one admin who DOES ban people. Do you want to test him?

RainingMetal wrote:You brought this on yourselves; you ignored my warnings and here we are. I knew from the start that Huck would spread like a virus if he wasn't stopped immediately, and nobody listened. That's why the Steam workshop** worked; the administration actually gave a damn about quality control.

And what period of time are you apparently still caught up in?
Because news flash, it's not any better any more.
It didn't take long for it to be loaded up with its own theft... actual true theft.
Unfortunately it's not administrated or moderated any better either.
"Reporting" doesn't do anything any more.
Now it takes having to be someone who actually owns the content to step in and fill out DMCA.
So good luck with your workshop* as well, lol.
Oh, nice job at your own boycott group invading privacy and writing what you did about me and Huck.
You've been reported to Steam, so lucky for you it's a nice long waiting game,
Consider yourself lucky again if you don't lose your precious little group.
Seriously, RM, grow up, learn to enjoy a video game for what it is.
All this time and effort you have been wasting over the years, you could be contributing to something greater.
Go back to map making, Monster Mill and your orange maps were great.
but you probably won't care I complimented you again, you even removed my pure reviews.
See you just repeatedly show your own hypocrisy more than anyone else.
Ellis was right, it's fun to watch your anxiety flare up and the paranoia kick in.

Next

Return to GameMaps Help