Slim Pickins...

Talk anything about L4D / L4D2 here.

Slim Pickins...

Post by DeadyO » 11 Mar 2017, 04:20

Certainly seems to be less and less new, original maps for L4D2. I know it's quite a lot of work; Guess everyone is just really hoping for a third installment (I know I am!). On that note, is there any recent, Definitive news (not 'rumors') regarding L4D3? I find it hard to believe they'd not consider another sequel; as much $$ as they made, and as popular as they are.

Re: Slim Pickins...

Post by greenhood » 11 Mar 2017, 06:26

There are "rumors" and "leaks" but nothing definitive. Unless valve officially announce it we can only wait.

Post by RainingMetal » 12 Mar 2017, 13:51

That's on account of poor, lazy administrations and trolls running amok.

Post by insane3004 » 12 Mar 2017, 15:34

There are still people making good, original work for L4D2... Albeit the total number remain must be in single digits...

I know there are a few Beginner/Intermediate mappers that are still active...
A few Veteran/Expert mappers that are still active...

Tis unfortunate... Can remember long ago when one could refresh the main page every hour and atleast 2 new maps would be available... The golden days are over, and we have to just hope that those stubborn enough to stay will remain...
"..."

The Neverglades
End of the Line
Haunting Grounds - Sawrunner

Post by DeadyO » 01 Apr 2017, 09:11

"The Neverglades" is what I'm talking about!.... Just goes to show the flexibility of this game.... If there is a third (& I obviously hope there is) I hope it is as easy to customize as the first two. Really adds a lot to the value/cost of the game as well as overall enjoyment. Got a lot of satisfaction out of the first two. They'd be foolish NOT to have a third (& I do realize that a good story line is hard to come up with). Any game these days HAS to do better than it's predecessors. Allowing others to offer their own skills says a lot about a company & it's product Even after all this time, you can still download unique content & enjoy it like you did when you bought it!

Return to General Left 4 Dead 2 Discussions