Rescue Vehicle Game Crash Please Help

Have an issue with the game? Request support here!

Rescue Vehicle Game Crash Please Help

Post by crazycupmuffin » 13 Aug 2012, 05:43

Ok like the title says everytime I play a campaign when I reach the end it kicks me out to the desktop. I never get to see my stats and its frustrating. Any help or response would be very much appreciated as I have put up with it for too long now.

Post by Skythe Dincht » 13 Aug 2012, 05:50

When your game crashed, was there any error message that said "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library runtime error" or direct crash to desktop? Also, is your game original or pirated?

Post by crazycupmuffin » 13 Aug 2012, 06:53

hmm not sure if it says something i will get back to you on exactly what it says and yes my game was bought through steam. Do you have an idea what it is?

Post by JohnDorian » 13 Aug 2012, 07:09

Hi crazycupmuffin and welcome to the forum -
It sounds like you might benefit from verifying your game files. Any error that causes regular crashes at the stats page seems serious. Do you have any particular addons active when it crashes? Have you tried running the game without any addons loaded?, that may help to find what causes the problem.

To verify your game files -
Steam client - library - right mouse L4D2 - properties - local files - verify

Post by crazycupmuffin » 14 Aug 2012, 01:54

Verifying it now will let you know what it says shortly, thanks for the advice John, much appreciated.

Post by crazycupmuffin » 14 Aug 2012, 02:26

It said 1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired. I will try it without any mods on and see what happens.

Post by crazycupmuffin » 14 Aug 2012, 10:49

it seems to be ok now :) but sometimes when between chapters it kicks me out to desktop :(

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Tech Support