please remove plugins before attempting to join a vac server

Have an issue with the game? Request support here!

Post by ferretsshadow » 30 Aug 2012, 18:33

yeah I got the server errors but after complaining on the support section it was back up in a good ten minutes. as for the sdk, an easy fix is to simply set it so the game doesn't launch after compiling.

Re: please remove plugins before attempting to join a vac se

Post by Dormin » 30 Aug 2012, 18:58

*sigh*

I have to same problem, L4D2 was just updated and now everytime I try to join a server the error pops up -_-

Update: Well, I deleted my addons folder and my addoninfo, verified game cache and 5 files were corrupted, still I get the same error.
Last edited by ivanusong on 31 Aug 2012, 07:53, edited 2 times in total.

Re:

Post by slamatl92 » 30 Aug 2012, 19:24

i got the error i deleted the addon and i still couldn't join
Hardly even active anymore....dont come here as offten

Post by Professional » 30 Aug 2012, 19:31

Slamatl: The bug seems to be on VALVe's end, if that's the case there's not really much players can do besides wait for a fix.
"So... what do you think are our odds to getting out of here alive?"

"Oh. One million, seven hundred and thirty-two thousand, four hundred and thirteen to one."

Re:

Post by slamatl92 » 30 Aug 2012, 19:55

Professional wrote:Slamatl: The bug seems to be on VALVe's end, if that's the case there's not really much players can do besides wait for a fix.

oh i am viefy my game cache sorry for my bad grammer

Post by Professional » 30 Aug 2012, 20:02

^ Your grammar isn't the worst I've ever seen, so don't worry about it (unless of course people can't understand you). You can take all the actions you deem necessary, but I'm not convinced any of them will work without VALVe.
"So... what do you think are our odds to getting out of here alive?"

"Oh. One million, seven hundred and thirty-two thousand, four hundred and thirteen to one."

Re:

Post by slamatl92 » 30 Aug 2012, 20:05

Professional wrote:^ Your grammar isn't the worst I've ever seen, so don't worry about it (unless of course people can't understand you). You can take all the actions you deem necessary, but I'm not convinced any of them will work without VALVe.

so will there be another update for l4d2 or no

Post by JohnDorian » 30 Aug 2012, 20:10

Patience everyone, it's a known bug and I'm sure the good folks at Valve will get their top people right on it. That is so long as they're not here reading the forum instead and forgot to go to work. Hey, it happens*.

*no it doesn't.

Post by desertprowler » 30 Aug 2012, 21:37

I just found this bug today, says i need to remove some plugin that was never installed in my game, wont let me join any server.

Post by CreatingWorlds » 30 Aug 2012, 22:02

This is a really big mistake, right now, today, the last day to launch the map of the natural contests... I hope they fix this bug or some people will be in problems to upload their map (like me...)
There is only one way

PreviousNext

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Tech Support