Server Mismatch Problem

Have an issue with the game? Request support here!

Server Mismatch Problem

Post by frankwest » 02 Sep 2012, 16:46

Hello everyone, its me Frank, I have been having a issue for about 2 weeks that I hoped would have went away afther reinstall and verify, I do own a legit copy of l4d2, John and a few others can prove it, but anyways, I have been getting something that sayes "Server Mismatch in the string Table" I had all scripts and all mods turned off last time this happend and its been like this even before the current update so i'm out of ideas and any help will be good! Thanks everyone.-Frank
Last edited by scliuxx on 03 Sep 2012, 13:49, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Help is needed

Post by Dormin » 02 Sep 2012, 16:54

I Googled it and found this: http://www.left4deadforums.com/1595-str ... rvers.html

I know it's now much and I wish I could add something more :|

Post by frankwest » 02 Sep 2012, 17:08

I've tried a few of these and it worked for a bit me and John played threw Grid Rock and then he was not able to join, it is very strange

Post by frankwest » 03 Sep 2012, 11:35

Bump, come on guys I really do need help

Post by aaWee » 03 Sep 2012, 12:14

Only suggestion is to re download the map you tried to play. Also did you play it in local or some dedicated server?

Re:

Post by frankwest » 03 Sep 2012, 13:43

aaWee wrote:Only suggestion is to re download the map you tried to play. Also did you play it in local or some dedicated server?

It does this with every map and Local

Re: Re:

Post by aaWee » 03 Sep 2012, 20:41

frankwest wrote:
aaWee wrote:Only suggestion is to re download the map you tried to play. Also did you play it in local or some dedicated server?

It does this with every map and Local

Even official campaigns?

Post by Stark Raven » 04 Sep 2012, 16:31

When I had that error, a game cache verification worked for me. I have no idea what would cause that other than messed up or out of date game files.

Does the developer console give a more detailed description of the error?

Re:

Post by frankwest » 04 Sep 2012, 19:29

Stark Raven wrote:When I had that error, a game cache verification worked for me. I have no idea what would cause that other than messed up or out of date game files.

Does the developer console give a more detailed description of the error?

I have tried reinstalling and verifying with no luck, at this point I kind of give up. Thanks everyone

Re: Server Mismatch Problem

Post by Dormin » 04 Sep 2012, 19:37

The only thing that comes to my mind is to delete the addons folder and the addoninfo (make a backup ;)) and try to see if it works, since you have reinstalled and verifying game cache I think that the game isn't the problem, meaby it could be Left 4 Dead 2 addon support? Did you installed it? That thing ruined my L4D2 for some reason :|

Return to Left 4 Dead 2 Tech Support